Friday, July 30, 2010

Puttin' the "Dis" in "Disrespect:"

This morning I made oatmeal for breakfast. I put almonds, dried cranberries, cinnamon and brown sugar in it. I made up a bowl for Boo, let her stir in the milk.

She didn't seem too interested in it. I encouraged her to eat up. She wanted to know if it had chocolate in it. I replied no, it didn't.

"Your chocolate all gone?"
"No, it's not all gone, it's up in the cupboard"
"It's all dried up?" (where did that come from?)
" No, it's not dried up, I just don't like chocolate in my oatmeal"

What followed was an expression of wry disbelief, broad and huge, worthy of the stage. It said clearly "Geeze, Grammie is a real nutcase, but we'd better humor her"
Toni and I laughed so hard I thought I'd pee.

You ain't been dissed till you been dissed by a three year old.

1 comment:

  1. But she got her chocolate in her oatmeal. That's all that matters. O_o

    ReplyDelete