Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Talking to Myself, I'm just Talking to Myself.

So this blogging thing feels like talking to myself (which I do a lot I guess).
And like anything else I'll do it a lot at first and then slack off. Maybe I'll find a "voice" and continue it, maybe I won't.
So, to myself I say:
"Why is my knee still giving me fits? I had some parts replaced in January and it still swells up on me. I know my kneecap is still misaligned. I've been pretty slack about doing the exercises for it lately, they do seem to help. Better get back at it".

And:
"My garden sucks. I planted stuff too late, and since it has a western exposure backed by the brick wall of the house, it gets HOT, and if the plants don't get that early spring time to establish a good root system, everything just wilts and ... well....sucks. I'm planting a lot of herbs and seeds this fall and hopefully the darn thing will just take off on it's own in the spring. Survival of the fittest ya'll."

And to answer the eternal question, "What's in the Crock Pot?", it's..............

Southwest Chicken Casserole: Chicken thighs, Salsa, Taco seasoning, Black beans, on low till later this afternoon, and then I'll layer rice on the bottom, the meat and bean mixture, and cheese on the top. when it's done we'll slap on some sour cream, NOM!
I've got a nice Lexia wine or some Shiner Bock to go with it. So if it sounds good to you and you know where I live, come on by for dinner!
(By the way, the Curry last night was pretty tasty)
Well, work awaits.

1 comment: